Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What is Love? Day 8



With Valentine's Day in the air, I wanted to write about love for the next few days. Love being such a broad thing in our lives, hopefully, by the 14th of February (which will be "Day 13") we will reach a conclusion to what this whole love thing is all about.

It's Day 8 today, 1AM, and I got out of bed, and got my laptop to start writing today's post. If there's anyone reading my blog. at all, I thought giving you my thoughts, at this hour, would be the best type of love I can show you right now. This is when I can't stop from being honest and I'm usually thinking about everything that comes to mind.

I just finished watching Julie & Julia. the movie. It is a very cute movie (chick flick actually), but with a deep meaning behind it. The main character in the movie devotes herself to writing a blog, like myself, for the next year. Except, she has to cook 524 recipes and write about her experiences. Besides connecting to that movie because of what she had decided to do for one year, I was intrigued by the husband/wife relationships portrayed.

The relationship between a husband and a wife is a hard one to express in words. It takes special character and a special type of love in one's heart to maintain a spark in a relationship. Being young and having been in a relationship for a long while now, I, sometimes, wonder about what it does take to be in a happy marriage and if I'm going to be good at it.

It's all a bunch of questions to me right now, but what I do know is that support goes a long way in a relationship. Support goes a long way in any type of relationship. The thought of feeling like you have a strong backbone or something to fall back on makes everyone stronger in every way possible. It helps us move forward on our path, almost fearlessly. So for today, love is support.


Tip of the Day: Show support to a certain person in your life, in some way. Ask them about something important to them and share your thoughts with them, letting them know that you care and hope to be supportive. Be interested and lend a hand, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment