Sunday, February 14, 2010

What is Love Finally



Love is None of the Above

Happy Valentine's Day to all the readers! We have finally reached our last day on love. I hope I can come to a good conclusion. I just type these things up as they come into my mind, so not much thought goes into the wording. Yesterday, I was telling a friend of mine about my blog, and I told her that I enjoy it mostly because I get to sit in total silence for 20 minutes, everyday, and think. It's kind of like a daily journal entry, except it's public. So, not to get off the subject here, I just want you guys to know that I'm completely here when I'm doing this. It's not work that I have to get done, it's for my personal satisfaction. As I think and write about certain things, I figure these things out for myself.
So as we try to figure love out, here is some interesting stuff I've been holding onto for a while, and, now, I can actually share it with you guys.
Some children were asked what they think love is...and here are their answers:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
Rebecca (age 8)
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that you name is safe in their mouth." Billy (age 4)
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boys puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl (age 5)
"Love is when you go out and eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." Chrissy (age 6)
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri (age 4)
"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK." Danny (age 7)
"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more." Emily (age 8)
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." Bobby (age 7)
"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate." Nikka (age 6)
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday." Noelle (age 7)
"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy (age 6)
"During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy (age 8)
"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine (age 5)
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer then Robert Redford." Chris (age 7)
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
Mary Ann (age 4)
"I know my older sister loves me becasue she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out an buy new ones." Lauren (age 4)
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and stars come out of you."
Karen (age 7)
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark (age 6)
"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica (age 8)

After these few days of thinking about love, I came to a conclusion of what I think love is. In your mind, get rid of everything that we've talked about for the past few days; take out everything we said love was, from your relationship. Think of your relationship lacking support, time spent together, passion, and simplicity. Now, if you still care, then, that's love. I think that real, lasting love needs all these things combined, but, in case, they don't exist at some point or another, would you still care and stick around. That's when you know you can get through the toughest of times. I hope this makes some sense to you guys. Figuring out another person can be hard, but once you've got them figured out, you decide on how to plant the seeds of your relationship, which is the hardest part. If you do it right from the beginning, you won't have to worry about it growing up. You just have to sit back, watch, and water it sometimes. (I can't believe I just used that corny metaphor) Sorry for the corniness, I didn't know how else to put it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment