Monday, February 8, 2010

Last Day of the First Week: Day 7

Pay Attention to You, You Might Just Need a Spoonful of Nutella

Weeks go by quickly. We wake up on a Monday morning wanting it to be Friday, so we can enjoy the weekend. We're always looking forward to something in the future, which, unconsciously, makes us take our present day for granted. Everybody has certain responsibilities and duties to fulfill everyday, which drains us out at some point. We have a long list of things that need to get done by the end of the day and we don't stop to think about ourselves and what we want. Days and weeks go by and we don't even stop to think about which part of the past week we actually enjoyed. Some of us are lucky enough to be doing what we want and loving our job, but even having that, and being human, we find a way to not enjoy that after a while.
The one thing everyone needs and doesn't realize is alone time. The amount of stress, mixed feelings, and thoughts that takes over us daily need to be expressed somehow. The time we spend with ourselves, alone, helps us not lose sight of our inner selves. Paying attention to yourself is vital to how you feel everyday.
I sit here at my desk trying to give you guys something good to follow for the day, as I hold a spoonful of Nutella in my mouth. I keep the jar on my desk, in case I feel the need to nourish my cravings at any moment. It's one way I keep myself content. Attending art classes since I was eight and drawing and painting for most of my life, I can't imagine not being able to tune my brain out for a while. Everybody needs something that gives them a natural high, because "we all know, when life happens, we need it!"

Tip of the Day: Find something, besides work, friends, and family, that make you happy. Get a hobby, if you don't have one. Reward yourself at least once a week with alone time. Take a class in Ceramics, Yoga, painting, Math, English, or whatever floats your boat. Do it because you enjoy it, and try to be present, with your mind and body, at all times. If you already enjoy a hobby, do something else once a week, like, walking the dog, jogging, a puzzle, or a bubble bath. In order for you to be content with your life and everybody else around you, you need to be content with yourself. Don't take your day for granted looking forward to tomorrow. Look forward to right now and what's right in front of you. Try to enjoy every moment!

“Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” Dale Carnegie

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed that post. So true. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete