Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 27: Happy


I have a bit over an hour left in the day for today's post and I hope I can publish it before the end of the day. Today has been a long day. Today has been a "Big Day." I have officially started planning the most important day of my life. I have picked out my wedding dress and... that's it, really... I guess, it should feel like a bigger day than it actually does.
So, I put the dress on, stared at myself for a while in the mirror, then, thought about what that day would be like. We haven't picked a date yet, so, it's not final, but I'm going to need a dress anyway, so, I thought I'd get that done. It was weird, in a nice way, to be in a wedding dress, with a veil on, and everything. Everything, suddenly, became surreal.
I was just sitting here figuring out what I should write about, as I logged onto facebook and this video had been posted by one of my friends. It was a song by Leona Lewis called Happy. I sat there and watched it and thought about happiness and what it really feels like. I remembered standing there with the dress on, looking at myself in the mirror, trying to figure out what I wanted to look like on that day, and what would make me really happy... the dress, or... being a wife... or... everything else that mattered?
Being happy is a weird thing. I remember feeling content with myself and being excited, but "happy" is a strange thing. I wonder what it really is sometimes. I think that all the things in life, combined, can be happiness. I don't know if I can say "I'm happy" at any certain moment in my life, but when I think back, I think, I have been happy all my life.
The other day I read: "Try and focus on the positives in life and look at what's going to give you long term happiness. Sometimes, we don't see those things because they are right in front of us, just take a step back and look at your present from the sidelines." Thank you for your wisdom, to the person that wrote this, you know who you are :)

Tip of the Day: Take a step back from your life and see if you're happy? Figure out what it is that makes you happy and try to remember the things that have made you happy in your past. If you have to make a list to make it realistic, go ahead and make a list, even if they're the silliest things you have to write down. If you can figure out what makes you smile, then, all you have to do is let/make that part of history repeat itself, in it's own way.

I had been obsessed with Winnie the Pooh for most of my life, up until the last couple of years when I realized the stuffed animals were a bit too much in my room, but I had never realized some of the wisdom that went into the cuddly ole' bear:

"Well," said Pooh "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called." A.A. Milne

Armen has been trying to get my attention for the past hour, but I've been telling him to leave me alone so I can think and post. He just walked in the room and said, "You know what you do when you're hungry, and your wife has to post and she doesn't get you a sandwich? You eat carrots!" while holding a bag of carrots in his hand. That just made me happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment