Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 22: 2010 Olympics

I read somewhere that, "Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself." This caught my attention because I've heard so many people say, "I'm just trying to find myself," and I used to think, "ok, well, maybe I should try to find myself too?" After 25 years of trying to find myself, I realized that most of us always look for ourselves and try to figure out who we are throughout our lives. No matter, if we have the "perfect" life or a life full of troubles.
Personally, many people, who know me, would think that I have a perfect life. Everything seems great, right? Well, then, why is it that, sometimes, I get lost. I've figured out that we get lost, at times, because we don't know what we want or we lose track of our dreams and our purpose.
Lately, at home, the t.v. has been on, either, to basketball games, (one after another) or the Olympic games. Especially, on Sundays, the screeching of basketball shoes make me crazy, but, sometimes, I sit around for the Olympics. I begin to watch, until someone falls or screws up, then, I get up and leave. I've been enjoying watching the Olympics this year, but I worry too much while watching. (as if they're my own kids out there) The fact that these people go out there in front of the world, (each one known to being the best at what they do) and, yet, some fail while the world is watching. Watching them makes me feel like I do very little on this planet. I think, now, that the Olympians are awesome! I dedicate this post to them today to let them know that they're admired for all their hard work and that it's okay to fail because it doesn't matter, they're already at the top.
If you would like a sneak peak at some of the games this year and some inspiration, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMaDxjjc6s
I was watching the games one day, when they were showing reruns of the Olympians falling and screwing up, as usual. One of the Olympians was being interviewed after a fall and she was asked, "What happened?" (I thought, seriously???) Then, the Olympian replied, "Well... I fell..." with a distraught but blank look on her face.
So, the corniness is approaching again as I say, "we all fall at some point...but at least the whole world isn't watching, so go on and take risks because Geena Davis once said that, 'If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.' "

Tip of the Day: Have goals and dreams! Make a list of goals and plans for 2010 and try to work towards it. Writing it down and telling people about them makes it more official and will push you to be better and achieve what you want for yourself in your life. So... "If you knew you couldn't fail, what would you do?" - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment