Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is Love: Day 10

I could tell you that I watched another movie yesterday, and this is what I think today, (and I did, The Red Violin) but it wasn't the movie I watched that makes me say that, today, Love is passion.
Being in my twenties, out of school, almost married, everyday of my life is what brings me to talking about passion. Wanting to do something different everyday, with my art, I refuse to give up and get a job that's going to give me a steady paycheck. I feel like that this is my purpose and I just need a bit of time to get the world's attention. It's what I think about going to bed and what I wake up thinking. I think about the white walls in a gallery and I think of what project I'm going to work on next. I feel that it is passion that drives me to be so stubborn and keep at it. Being out of school for a year now, I haven't received any means of financial reward. Anyone doing this without passion would have given up and gotten a day job. Atleast, that's what I think. I don't mean to say that I don't have expenses and I just paint all day, like a crazy artist. I spend more than a normal working person; I'm just lucky enough to have family support.
Besides being passionate about what you do, it's important to be passionate towards another person. We are physical beings and it's the passion we feel towards another human being that drives us to getting married, having children, and building a new life.
Passion is defined in many different ways from having strong emotions and feelings to having a stong sexual desire toward someone. I think passion towards someone is when you can't stop kissing, even when you can't feel your lips anymore. It's the urge you feel when you can't help but be honest and act upon your honesty. We express our passion when we're happy, aroused, sad, and angry. Without it, we would be nothing. It is what defines us as separate individuals, but it is also what keeps us together.
Tip of the Day: Whatever it is that you're passionate about, pay attention to it. Don't put aside what you love and concentrate on something else just because it's keeping your life steady for now. There's always a way to do things sumultaneously. If you don't do it now, then, when?
If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you. ~ T. Alan Armstrong



No comments:

Post a Comment