Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 100: 100 Days of Exposure

The first 100 days are over...
Honestly, it feels like it's been 10 days... I just finished printing out the first 100 days... it's so exciting seeing it on paper... now, it feels official and makes me feel, kind of, like an author.
Besides having a huge smile on my face, today feels like I accomplished something... it's like I graduated from 2nd grade... when you know you have years to go, but 2nd grade is over... and, now you're a 3rd grader, which is so much older than a 2nd grader...
I've been thinking about Facebook, the internet, and having a blog... and, it's all a type of exposure that exists today, that, I take advantage of...
Some people, some I know personally, don't like their pictures up anywhere on the internet, and, some, just love the attention, and post up their pictures anywhere and everywhere.
Before Facebook, there was My Space... at that time, I, personally, wasn't a fan of all these networking sites and thought they were unnecessary and corrupted young people. In the last 100 days, I have exposed myself to the public in a way that can't be done easily. Everyone and anyone can access my blog and read all about me... that's the extreme opposite of what I thought I'd be doing, but, it seems to be working for me right now, except, I don't have much to talk about when I see friends and acquaintances because they've already read about it. The other day, someone wrote to me: "I do wanna ask you how you're doing, but your blogs keep me updated loll.." And, yesterday, a friend came by the gallery, we were chatting, and almost everything I brought up, she had read about, so I just skipped over all the parts I had written about... Ya, this blog is either going to make me a lot of friends, or is going to drive me crazy by the end, which is in 265 days... Wow, I wonder what I'll be writing about on the last day...?
Exposure is good, but keeping some things mysterious is also good, so, as honest as I am, there are some things I keep to myself, I think.

Tip of the Day: If you like exposure, try to keep it at a certain balance, so that you're happy with yourself and you keep everybody else from knowing what you had to eat all day. If you don't like much exposure, you should stay comfortable with yourself and keep away from sources that'll get you exposed, but remember that if you don't say something, no one will hear what you have to say. If you have something so say, drink a glass of wine/shot of tequila or vodka, (whatever floats your boat) and speak up... get used to the technology, because it's only going to get worse.
Imagine if we never knew who Marilyn Monroe was... that would result in a lot less beauty in the world...
Sometimes, I wonder if I'm going to regret doing this, but I have something to say, and, luckily, there are people who want to listen...
The picture at the top is of me after visiting the 4th winery on a wine tasting trip... Feeling comfortable about posting this drunken picture of myself makes me feel like I've been published on the cover of People magazine and I'm okay with it... but, I wouldn't have posted it on Day 1.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats sis! I'm so proud of you. ONLY 265 more days to go :)

    ReplyDelete