Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 104: Ouch it Hurts... but, ummm so Good


As I sit here at the kitchen table waiting for the marshmallows for the Rice Krispies to melt, I can feel my back burning...
I got sunburned today while we went boat riding at a lake... and, now, I regret not putting sunscreen on... but, it was so nice to be outdoors. I hadn't been out since last year in the Summertime, and it's always nice to see lakes and beaches.
There is so much of the outdoors to enjoy... it's there 24/7... it doesn't cost anything to use, most of the time, and we still don't take as much advantage of it as we should.
If you do go somewhere, and you're there long enough to see the sunset, listen to the crickets... that's the sound that almost everybody recognizes and can trigger a certain memory with. The sound of crickets reminds me of being outdoors in my hometown at nights, even though I was only three, I can go back to that feeling when I hear it... it also reminds me of the crackling of the Rice Krispies I have to mix into the marshmallow now...
Tip of the Day: Try to be outdoors and enjoy it, even if you're in your backyard... just remember to wear sunscreen when needed.
"I need to go outside. I wouldn't say I'm an outdoors person, but I like to go outside."
Edie Brickell

No comments:

Post a Comment