Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 102: Walk Tall

I was at Bloomingdale's today... still uncomfortable...
So... a few years ago, everytime I'd visit the west side of town, around Beverly Hills and Rodeo... I felt uncomfortable. I felt out of place because of all the "better" people around. Even nowadays, when I go around there, I notice the difference, but, now, I can get myself to fit in a bit.
I've figured out that it's all a matter of how you carry yourself, not what you wear, not what you drive, but how tall you walk... the level of confidence you have as an individual. Confidence is so crucial that I think a guy with self confidence can get any girl he wants... girls are suckers for confident guys.
Confidence looks good on anyone, but modesty has to come with it. Before, I'd walk into a store on Rodeo looking at others as though they were better... richer, but, now, even if I feel uncomfortable being there, I make sure I don't show it. I've trained myself to walk upright, with my head up... and if I do that, they don't seem to be that much better than me...
We can try to avoid all the stereotypes that go along with life these days... with cars, clothes, brand names, and image, but, it exists. We just have to look at it in a way that helps us understand that everybody is somebody, but we're all the same, we're all, at the end of the day, thinking the same thing.
I was walking through the shoe department at Bloomingdale's, when a guy a and girl walked past me, and I heard the guy saying, "So, you wanna hang out tonight... have some drinks at the Ritz?" I thought, "Well... he looks rich, he probably is, or maybe not, maybe that was an act... or maybe not..well, it doesn't matter... where's the bathroom?" So, really it doesn't matter...
Tip of the Day: We live in a world of stereotypes, and they're there for a reason... but, no matter the stereotypes, be yourself, wear what you feel, and do what you feel, just do it confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment