Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 107: Highlighted


I wore red today... I can't remember the last time I wore red.
I woke up and thought about what would make me feel different today... then, I wore red, and, honestly, it made me feel, kind of, highlighted today (important on the page.)
It's weird how wearing a certain thing can change your mood and day. When I wear something uncomfortable, the whole day, I think about when I'm going to get home to take it off. All I can think about is changing, especially uncomfortable jeans and shoes. When I wear something new, I feel good the whole day, just like new. When I wear a color I don't normally wear, like red, I feel out of the norm. Today, I didn't feel like myself... it was different, but not good or bad, just different.
We don't pay attention to how much our clothes can affect our everday lives. Most, of the time, I like to buy clothes that are not too expensive because I notice that I don't like to wear something more than once or twice. I buy new things all the time so that I feel good about what I put on... but... that doesn't work all the time because I'm not "Prince Habibi's" wife, (as Armen points out all the time!) so, sometimes, I switch things around, cut and trim things, sew and glue things together, then, it's different and new to me. I have been called "weird" for it... but, I can take comments like that if I feel good about myself.
Tip of the Day: Pay attention to your clothing... make sure what you wear makes you feel good about yourself. Go out and buy something new if you have to, but be aware of how much of a difference your clothing makes on you and your everday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment