Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 117: Addiction


Today is the opening reception of Justine Maccario's photography show at the gallery... it starts in 2 and a half hours... I'm sitting here in the middle of the gallery with a bunch of stuff to do, and all I can think about is having some ice cold coffee from Baskin Robbins. It's an addiction, it must be...
I think everyone has an addiction to something. Some people are addicted to substances like coffee and other unmentionables, some are addicted to people, some are addicted to the games on their phone... (I think of that as I watch Armen lying on the bench outside the gallery, on Foothill Blvd., playing on his phone... which he does about 2 hours of his day, everyday) So, addiction... it's something we feel like we can't live without, whatever it may be for you...
Yes, ice cold coffee is mine, and I would love some right now.
Well, my addiction costs me $4.19 a day, so, I figured out a way of making it for myself at home. I woke up this morning, went to the kitchen, and started the blender... my cousin walked in half asleep, started laughing and said, "Have you written about your coffee?" I turned to her, grinned, and said, "No, I haven't, actually..." She replied, "Well, you probably should..." So, here it is, I have now. There's nothing else left to tell you about myself, I think.
Oh, Armen just got up from his bench... I think this means... no, he's just going to sit up and play now...
I am not going to get myself another one because I've already had one today, I promise.

Tip of the Day: You must be addicted to something... you have to be. Think about it and you'll see that you're addicted to something in your life, something you can't live without. Being addicted is not always a bad thing... if you're aware of it... be aware of it, and you can control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment