Friday, May 14, 2010

Day (+ 52 Days) 101: Days Go By


All I could think about on my drive home was coming home and falling asleep... then, I turned the corner onto my street, looked at the time, and remembered I hadn't posted today...
Well, now that I'm here, I'd like to say that days go by so quickly... everything I did today made me realize how quickly they do go by...
I asked the employee at the post office what today's date was, and she answered, "da tirteen... yu no, day go by tso fas..." (an Asian employee)
It's already mid-May, the 5th month of the year, which is almost half way into the year... it's almost Christmas people! How does this happen so quickly? We always think we have so much time for everything, but, in reality, we don't. There's never enough time to do everything we'd like to do. We really never know how much time we really have...
Yesterday, I got home and I was getting some food to eat... my mom came home and we started cleaning up the kitchen together, when she started telling me about a friend of mine, who also works with her, and how she almost got into a huge car accident on the freeway. I stood there listening to how it all happened, but my mom had mentioned that she was okay from the beginning, so I knew it had a happy ending... so, she continued telling the story, and I felt myself getting emotional over the story. (and, I'm not that sensitive, usually... it takes much more to make me cry...) So, after she finished telling the story, I walked out of the kitchen, and went to get myself together because there really wasn't a reason for me to get that way... I had seen my friend early that morning and, now, she had experienced something that could've or might have changed her whole life. Finally, I got myself together and I just felt so happy that she was alright..
So, we never really know what might happen... with the hours and days going by so fast, we hardly stop to think about what kind of a gift life really is... it's so special.

Tip of the Day: Be "present" every single day so that you can "live" every single day... be it with your family, friends, or pets. Just take it all in, because there's no way of going back.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment