Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 113


Today was one of those days... really hard to smile... hard to concentrate... hard to be myself... I found myself wandering around Michaels, Pier 1 Imports, Swains, the Party Store, JoAnns... (I know... I'm a creative... what can I do? It annoys me too!) I needed a couple of things, but I was having a hard time putting my thoughts together to get things done. So, I walked into stores, wandered, observed, bought some things I didn't need, and left...

Maybe, if I had posted earlier on in the day, I would've gotten my shit together soon, because, now, I seem to be putting things together just fine. I was so confused I couldn't even figure out what kind of music to listen to in the car... I kept switching from radio to CD, going from one genre to another...
So... I was driving by a park, and, I decided to stop and go on the swings. I was dressed up today, with heels, and a skirt, so as I got out of the car and started walking towards the swings, my heels sunk down into the playground sand... I looked down at my feet and thought "what the hell are you doing? you're so weird..." but I took them off and sat on the swing. I hadn't been on a swing since... before it started squeaking... so, when I was smaller and lighter... but, when I got off, I felt so much better...
Tip of the Day: Go to the park and try the swings out in case you don't feel like yourself one day... it takes you back to when things used to be so simple.
"It is the child in man that is the source of his uniqueness and creativeness, and the playground is the optimal milieu for the unfolding of his capacities and talents." Eric Hoffer

1 comment: