Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 122: Mickey Mouuuse


I think I've had enough alone time... thank you guys for understanding...

I just finished working on a crafty art project for an event on Saturday... little man was there... so I gave him some gluing to do, and he felt so important brushing that glue on... he was so excited, it made me excited. We spent the last 4 hours making a big Mickey Mouse with black glitter ears, and he brushed the glue on for the glitter. Halfway done with the first ear, he asked, "Do I get to the other ear too?" I said, "Ya, of course... we're not going to leave the other ear shineless." So he said, "Yayyy, ok, that's good, I finally have something to do." I was happy he was happy about having something to do. We finished Mickey... and he looks great! The best part was the process of making it with a child... the process is so much more fun than the finished product and its purpose.
Tip of the Day: Work on a project (any project... doesn't have to be crafty) and involve a few people in the process. Try to make it fun and don't worry about screwing it up, just enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment