Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 120: Drive Generous


I bet you guys thought I forgot about today's post... nope, not forgot, just didn't get a chance until right now, and, technically, it's day 121 now, but, it's okay, give me a break, I'm here aren't I...
I was driving on a "merging lanes" street today... 3 lanes were merging into 1, and, we all know when that happens, it can be disasterous... I don't understand why it's so hard for people to give each other way? How far behind are they really going to get with one car?
So, I was in the middle lane, and as cars were merging from both lanes, I was being patient. This old Volkswagon behind me was not happy with my generosity... there was a car behind me to my left... I watched it turn its signal on for the Volkswagon as the driver inside turned his head toward her to ask her for way... the Volkswagon behind me just kept driving up my ass, as if we were going anywhere anyway! We were all stopped waiting for the traffic light... so, just to piss off the driver behind me, I pulled my window down and signaled the other driver to come ahead of me... the man noticed my hand and drove up as he stopped next to my car and thanked me. By now, all I could hear was the stupid honk of Volkswagon horn, so, I put my hand on my horn and asked her (attempting sign language in the rear view mirror) what the hell she thought she was honking at...
We were out of there in a couple of minutes... a couple of minutes is all it took...

Tip of the Day: When driving, be generous and give way... it's not the end of the world if you're one car behind. There are no excuses for being an asshole on the road, except... when you're in pain, really mad, in a hurry, and had a bad day... if any of those, try to control yourself and drive generously.

1 comment: