Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 147: It's all in your head...


I haven't been myself lately... my mind has been a bit occupied with the things in my life that I'm not so fond of...
I'm going to go off subject and tell you a bit about my personal life... Armen and I were friends before we ever decided to be together, which I think I've already mentioned, but it wasn't a certain moment that made me realize I wanted to spend my life with him... as time went by, I realized he was different and special. He was in the Marine Corp. when we started dating, and right after 9/11, he was going to be sent out with his group... the whole family was scared and nervous around those times. One day, we drove out to Barstow to the main Marine Corp. offices. We got there, as he went into the office and left me in the car waiting. A few minutes later, he came out with a form in his hand, and asked me if I wanted him to be officially discharged... I thought about it for a second and answered, "I would want you to, but I don't wanna make you do something you might regret later... so, if you're not gonna blame me for this in the future, I'd like you to be around all the time..." He didn't say another word, as he went back inside, signed the forms, and came back with his identification and paper work. I was excited he was officially, honorably, discharged, but I was worried about what he wanted... but, I guess, he had gone ahead and changed his mind about what he wanted in life...
Besides, those certain unselfish moments of his, one of his sayings is: "It's all in your head..." If I bring up anything about anything that's bothering me about a certain situation, or feeling, I already know that's going to be his answer. It's five small words... but it is so true. We control everything with our minds... our feelings, thoughts, actions... our mind is what we are and what we will become.
I've learned about the power of my mind from him, and, so much more... that I can post about some other day... but, those are some of the reasons why I let him slide that ring on my finger...

Tip of the Day: Take control of your mind, and, you'll see how much more control you'll have over your life.
“Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind.” - Adrine Amiri (Facebook post)
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."
by Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. Loveeee u both!! Shad hamoveeek <3 yup totally true we control everything with our minds
    I really wanted to comment on this and say how much i love you and Armen but since the time u posted this everytime i decided to write a comment something came up! But right now im very sleepy and im still waitin for the next post sooo i was like yeaaa maybe i can write a comment right now!
    im awake waiting for ur post!!! ( i think i know the reason why u are late =] haha)

    ReplyDelete