Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 145: Disappointed

I've been trying to think of what I should write about today... but, I can't seem to concentrate because I'm feeling a bit disappointed... Tonight was the closing reception to the photography show at the gallery. We had our opening last month and decided to have a closing show for those people who weren't able to show up to the opening... well, I got the place ready, set up wine, home baked chocolate cupcakes, red vines, candles, music... and began to light the candles as I waited for some people to show up and appreciate the art. Justine, the Photograher, showed up with her boyfriend and mom. An hour later, my sister showed up to refill the cupcakes, which didn't need refilling, then, a guy named Fred showed up. We sat there, conversated about, almost, everything, and waited...
Well, no one else showed up, so Fred got a free bottle of Merlot to take home and my sincere thanks. He seemed pretty happy about being there...
So, the show is closed now and her work will be taken down this week. Even though we didn't have a good turn out, I'm glad we were there because atleast we tried... which is the best kind of failure. I wouln't call tonight an overall failure, but I am disappointed...
I chose to share with you guys, so, I'm going to share the bad news with the good... not everything turns out the way I want it to all the time. Every moment is not a Prada moment and sharing my bad experiences are much more interesting, I think.
Owning and running a gallery is a lot of time consuming work... and, today, I realized how hard it can be to, actually, get people to get up, get dressed, and drive up to an art gallery to see art. It's a difficult responsibility for me, but, I don't regret it for a second. I have to take the good with the bad, so, tonight, it was tough, but, next time, it'll be better...
Tip of the Day: When things don't turn out the way you imagine, keep your head up and be happy that, atleast, you tried...

No comments:

Post a Comment