Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 128: Be Thankful


So, as I sit here working on fun invitations for fun events, a drunk woman decides to walk into the gallery... I know, no one normal ever walks in here...
So, I watch her as she stands by the door for a while staring at the pictures on the walls, then, she stumbles forward and says, "I'm dyin..." Right then, I thought, "Shit...seriously... why can't someone normal walk in?" So, she stood there looking around for a while, looking dizzy... as I said, "Would you like to come in? You can come in... " with a slight hesitation in my voice... then, I thought, "Why the hell are you inviting her in?" So, I watched her stumble in towards my desk... there was some kind of odor in the air... then, I wished I hadn't invited her in...
She looked over at me, smiled, and said, "I jus foun out I ha cancew... twooo dayys ago..." while struggling with her tongue trying to get the words out... she looked like she was about to cry... then, she said, "My hus..ban... he na a goo man... na goo... so, I wen dwinkin..." by this point, I was pretty speechless... I just stared at her and said, "I'm sorry..." so, she looked around a bit more, asked me for a business card, and said, "ok... goo, I'm na feein so wewll... I shud gooo..." so she stumbled backwards out of the gallery and left her odor in here... I sat here thinking, "I should go out and get some air..." so, I did...

Tip of the Day: No matter what you feel about your own life, it could be worse... so, be thankful for what you've got.

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
-- Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment