Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 132: PRADA moment


So... ironically... I received presents today...

Everytime Armen goes out of town for a few days, he comes back with some kind of present for me... and, that's a habit I, honestly, don't want to break. So, he came home today, after 3 days, and got home just in time for breakfast. Him and my dad had gone out of town together for business, and they were eager to get home after spending the night in the airport. Since their flight had been early in the morning (and my dad being the cheapskate he normally is) had convinced Armen to stay overnight at the airport. So, they got home. looking tired. as they walked in together. We sat down to have some breakfast, after welcoming them home, and, Armen started telling us about their night at the airport and what a disaster it had been... he talked about how my dad had his Ipad beside him the whole night playing Armenian music throughout the terminal. We all laughed while we listened to their stories and continued to eat our breakfast when Armen said to me, "You wanna see what I got for your gallery? Go get my bag... and I'll show you..." So, obviously, I got up quickly to get his bag and brought it to him... He pulled out a firefly decoration kit for the gallery as I smiled and thought of what I would do with it... then, he said, "There's something else for you... but... you have to use it... Are you gonna use it?" I looked at him and looked confused, but said, "Ya, I'll use it! What is it?" looking inside his bag for a clue... then, he pulled out a daily sketch journal and said, "You have to sketch one thing a day... maybe you could sketch it with your blog post everyday..." I replied, "but, I'm already on Day one hundred thirty something... it's okay I'll do it... " as I smiled and flipped through the pages. So, we sat there for another minute as I admired my gifts... then, he said, "Ok, so if you promise to use this journal, you have another gift waiting for you in the backseat of your dad's car..." I just looked at him wondering if he was joking or not... then, he said, "Are you gonna use it?" I quickly replied, "Yes, of course I'm gonna use it!" as I smiled and got up to go get my dad's car key... "Ok, go get it, but don't look inside until you come back in the house!" he said. So, I ran outside and got to my dad's car wondering what this was going to be... I looked in the back window and saw a Neiman Marcus bag on the seat... I opened the door, pulled it out, ran back to the house, and started opening the package inside the bag... as I pulled out a creme colored PRADA bag I thought to myself "Why does he do this all the time? How am I ever going to top this?" So, as I smiled and admired my new bag I looked around at the breakfast table and realized everyone was watching me... and, everyone was happy...then... I thought, "What did I ever do to deserve all this?" I felt actual happiness, but it wasn't PRADA that did it... it was that PRADA moment...
Tip of the Day: Be aware of those moments that are priceless in life... don't let them go unnoticed.


No comments:

Post a Comment