Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 136: You are so sexy...


First off, I'd like to thank the "2" anonymous commenters... it was the highlight of my day to read what you wrote... more of a highlight than the Lakers winning the Playoffs. So... thank you much!
Ya, so the Lakers won again... Congrats to them and their hard work! Maybe, next year, they can give someone else a chance to feel that accomplishment. Honestly, they're good, but they're a bit greedy with this winning thing... but, since I know nothing about basketball, (except for the couple of years of being in a basketball team when I was younger) I am not going to say anymore about them. The one thing I remember from being in a basketball team, is having the ball in my hand, as a 10 year old, and looking at my coach, while she screamed out, "What are you doing?" So... I don't think I was one of the good players in the team... I am going to say Congratulations to the Lakers, and, we are going to move on...
I got a compliment today... a type of compliment that was very out of place, and, kind of, inappropriate... I was trying to pay for the parking meter, dressed normally, as I always do, and a middle-aged man stood next to me, (business man looking, clean cut, non-pervert looking type) waiting to use the machine. As I reached in to get my receipt, I heard him say, "You are so sexy..." In that moment, I thought, "ok... I must be hearing things... he couldn't have just said that outloud? Should I ignore him? I don't think he said that..." So, I turned to him and said, "Excuse me?" with a confused look, I assume... so, he repeated his comment the same way I thought I had heard it, "You are so sexy... in an appropriate manner, of course..." So, I just said, "thank you" as I grabbed my receipt and walked off... I wasn't in Tujunga... I wasn't half dressed... and, I didn't even glance over at him, so... I thought, "Wow, what a comment!" I dont' think I've ever had anybody say that to me, like that, in my face, not even Armen, so, I have to say, it felt very nice, but, at the same time, very inappropriate.
Then, I attended another monthly artist meeting. I sat there listening to the women chatter again, as I heard one of the women say, "You look really stressed! Are you ok? I mean, you look really out of it!" I looked over at the woman she was saying that to and watched her face turn from a smile to a confused frown... I thought to myself, "Why the hell would you ever say that outloud? She doesn't look so stressed? Right?"

Tip of the Day: Being present at both of those situations, I realized that comments fly around between people all the time... good, inappropriate, bad, rude, etc. We have control over someone else's mood with our words, so, be nice, and try to be appropriate.

"Modesty is the only sure bait when you angle for praise." Lord Chesterfield


No comments:

Post a Comment