Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 135: I born you, I learned you, and, now, I learn from you...


It's funny how, lately, people have been bringing up the situations I decide to write about in my posts...
The other day, my mom started an argument with me about inviting a drunk woman into the gallery... Yesterday, someone asked me, "Hey Iren, how are you? Keepin cool?" I assume that was due to the "melting in my chair" post the other day...
I don't blame them... I'm the one who decided, 135 days ago, to make my life public, so, it's all good, I get it...
Last night, while I was trying to post Day 134, my mom kept asking me questions... I wasn't able to concentrate on what she was saying, so, I said, "Mom, please, I can't pay attention right now... please..." Then, to my surprise, she said, in an excited tone, "Oh, you're posting, ok... sorry. Go ahead and post so I can read it. I can't wait to read your blog everyday! You say good things. I took your advice and walked tall the other day, with my head up, and it worked! You're great, you know? I born you, I learned you, and, now, I learn from you..." After she was done, I looked up at her from the computer screen, and couldn't help but laugh at her last few words... but, to be honest, it was really nice to hear all that.
I know most of you guys read this thing on your phones, so, it's not worth going through the trouble of commenting, but, if you're using a computer, and you have anything to say, try commenting anonymously and it should work without logging in... I'd love to hear what you guys think. I know I said, before, that I do this for myself, but, as much as we try to deny it to ourselves, we do care about what other people think... I'd love to know what you think... think about it, even if you have something negative to say, it's anonymous, and it might make things more interesting here in "Irenland." Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Omg wow this blog made me think about so many interesting things! I love how ur mom told u" i born u, i learned u, and now i learn from u" i mean seriously!? Thr are a lot of things our parents can learn from us!!! Iren keep doing this blog thingyy... Im sure it is very useful for those who read it(including myself)! Love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs and I commend you for sharing so much of yourself with your friends and maybe even a random person that might browsing your site. It shows how brave and AUTHENTIC you are. You take a simple day, in your simple life and show appreciation and a lesson you learned that day. It's really beautiful, refreshing and somewhat therapeutic to read. You are an amazing person. I've learned a lot from you when we were younger and I continue to learn from you now. <3


    P.S. Yes, reading them on my phone...AND "I born you, I learned you, and now I learn from you"...CLASSIC! She is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your mom is seriously the cutest lady on earth with the nicest shoes!

    ReplyDelete