Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 335: The Scent of a Person


Coconut... that's what I smell like most of the time... To those who know me personally, coconut defines my smell...
Every one of us has our own scent... the scent of our hair, skin, neck...
The scent of a person can drive those in love crazy... it can bring back memories and moments... it can turn heads at times, and even play a role in grief...
My dad has been out of town for a while now... we missed him at new year's eve and we miss him now. He'll be back soon, but the family feels his absence...
I was leaving the house for a few minutes today... I put on the first jacket I found. As I put it around me and tried to zip it up, I smelled him... It was my dad's jacket... I noticed the scent and grabbed the collar as I pulled it up to my nose to take in a deep breath. I smiled and turned to my mom and said, "This is dad's... it smells just like him..." She answered, "I know... that's why I was wearing it yesterday..."

Tip of the Day: Notice the scent of certain people in your life. It's apart of what makes special moments special...

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." Karl (age 5)

1 comment:

  1. wow that quote is adorable coming from a 5 yr old:)

    ReplyDelete