Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 341: Desk Calendars


Ok, so besides being naive... I was laughed at today for being dumb... I think...
I have a few desk calendars left and so I thought that, since I have one displayed at the gallery, I should have a sample for people to see, in case I'm not at the gallery. A couple of days ago, I put one out in the postcard holder outside and on it, I wrote: Eerren's 2011 desk calendar $10 Please call 818-331-4780 to purchase yours. Well, it being "Tujunga," and free for people to take, today, I wrote the same thing on the third one and put it out again. Now, for the past year, I've been replacing a light bulb outside the gallery that keeps disappearing, so, I had a slight feeling that they would definitely take the calendar. Honestly, I don't mind it that much... I think it's better for someone to steal my artwork and use my calendar than for someone to want one and not be able to get their hands on it. So, for now, I've replaced the third one, which means that 2 people have already gotten their hands on them. To the two people that took them: I hope you're enjoying your desk calendar enough to come back and purchase one next year.
I have been laughed at today for being naive and dumb about such an obvious situation but I am who I am... so... I just laugh along with them...

Tip of the Day: If you're honest about something and people try to take advantage of that, then, just try to think of their actions in a more positive light.

2 comments:

  1. You are the best that all i have to say...
    -Lucy Gh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say about this except you are who you are and people laughing at you won't change that
    Sister

    ReplyDelete