Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 347: There's Always More to Learn


Besides being the world's best dad, my dad is the world's cheapest man...
I don't remember him not complaining about money... but... there are many things I don't know about him...
Even though he is the cheapest man in the world, he does visit Starbucks every morning before going to work. He used to get a mocha latte, but, recently, he downgraded to plain coffee because he thinks spending $90 a month for himself is too much. Yesterday, we took a ride to work together and he pulled into the Albertons/Starbucks parking lot. I joined him inside as he walked in and walked up to the cash register without saying a word. He smiled at the lady at the counter as she looked over at me. Then, he said, "This is my youngest daughter." She smiled, and said, "Oh, hello, it's very nice to meet you." I was surprised at her reaction and smiled as I gave her my order. I walked over to the magazine stand as my dad paid for the coffee. I watched as he, then, walked over to the customer service counter, turned in some scratchers from a previous day, and walked over to the scratcher machine to buy some new ones. It seemed that this was his routine and everyone else knew, besides me. I grabbed my coffee and we walked out together as I thought about how much I don't know about him...

Tip of the Day: You can never know too much about someone... there's always more to learn.

3 comments:

  1. So cute... I love him so much!!!
    El

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree :-)
    -Lucy Gh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to learn something new about someone you have known alk your life. It makes life so much more interesting.
    Sister

    ReplyDelete