Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 345: Retired...


I have been around retired people for the past 24 hours... they are so retired... they make me feel like I'm retired...
I walked into a cafe this morning and every single elderly, retired head looked up and stared at me as if I was too young to be there. I just acted as though I belonged and walked in...
Being around older people makes me feel calm and gathered. I have spent the day without the usual daily extras in my life.. the phone calls, text messages, etc. I haven't payed any attention to the time of day or had to think about any other responsibilities. For one day, today, I was retired...

Tip of the Day: Give yourself a break once in a while... Even if it means surrounding yourself with the retired.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I should really try that... It sounds like you had a relaxing day hun...
    El

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh i really need a break haha and i dont mind surrounding myself with the retired at all... I enjoy listening to the interesting stories they share from their past. And im sure they enjoy to spend some time with younger people . Most of the time all they need is just an ear to listen =]
    -Lucy Gh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy being around old people. Makes me feel young again. Lol.
    Sister

    ReplyDelete