Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 359: Just As We Are...


My sister received the whole Sex & the City DVD disc set for Christmas... And, ever since, she's been watching a few episodes each night before bed... and, I have to admit, I've been joining her for the past few days...
If you have watched at least one episode of Sex & the City, you know that Carrie Bradshaw, the main character, is a writer and the episodes usually start out with her asking herself a question about life, love, relationships, etc. Well, besides the fun outfits and extremely entertaining conversations between four friends, I enjoy how each story plays out and how Carrie explains situations as the writer/narrator. With all this said, I have probably watched 16 episodes in the last few days and I am, almost, Sex & the City'd out... Don't get me wrong, I love the whole independent, fashionable, single woman outlook on life, but, I am sure that life is easier, most of the time, when there is a man around. Like today, I had to move a whole bookshelf by myself to the center of the room to patch and paint the walls. Then, as I patched and painted the walls, I realized that I had forgotten the sanding part in between, but I know that Armen would not have let me paint without sanding those walls enough to leave a thin layer of dust on ourselves. So, yes, I moved the bookshelf and patched and painted the walls, but, there was no sanding.... I didn't even have any sandpaper to work with after I had realized I needed to do it at all... So, tonight, I realize that not only are men necessary, but each and every one of us is a necessity. We all play a part in patching, sanding, painting, and, living life, here on Earth, just as we are...

Tip of the Day: Remember that you play an important role in the the city you're in, no matter the independence, fashion, and relationship status.

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to have a man around but...sometimes...when you are all alone you realize that you are a lot stronger then you thought
    Sister

    ReplyDelete