Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 340: You Are So Naive...


I realized that some people don't read everyday... Some of you guys catch up later in the week and if you do that, you can always go back and comment on previous posts to be apart of the game.
I am a bit naive at times... my mom gets mad at me, sometimes, for being too naive. We were supposed to go to this man's house, my mom and I, who sells fabric at home. I am looking for a type of bookbinding fabric, (which might have something to do with the handmade gift I promised...) and the fabric I need is really expensive. So, she told me about this man and we decided to drop by his house yesterday. I took a piece of the fabric with me so that I could show him exactly what I needed. After a couple of minutes of looking around in his pile of fabrics, I said, "Well, just find out if you can find it... If you can, that would be great!... I already know where to get it from but... it's $15 a yard..." Then as I said that I imagined hitting myself in the mouth and couldn't help but look over to my mom.... I looked at her and remembered my days as a child when I'd do something wrong at a guest's house and her eyes would bulge out and I'd feel scared about what was going to happen when we left. I couldn't help but smile when I looked over at her and she looked like there could've been smoke coming out of her ears... Then, I just stopped talking... which is something I should've done before I let the guy know that, in case he found the material, he could charge me $10 a yard and I'd buy it... So... as we left the house, I closed my ears with my hands as she talked under her breath and said a few bad words... "You are so naive... you are so naive... it's ridiculous! Why would you tell him how much it is??? You're here, at a man's house, who has fabric to sell to you, with bargain prices... and you're telling him how expensive it is??? What is wrong with you? You're so naive!!!" Right then, all I could say was, "Okay... mom... stop... I know..."

Tip of the Day: Being naive is personally good because it makes you honest. But, if you have naivety tendencies and are making some kind of a deal or bargaining, try to think about every single word that is going to come out of your mouth before it does... or... just don't talk.

3 comments:

  1. Being naive is good, like you said it is being honest, but honesty sometimes gets the best of you.

    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you....Being naive is a good thing =]
    -Lucy Gh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I could see her face. Sometimes when you are too naive people will step all over you. You have to be careful.
    sister

    ReplyDelete