Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 360: Wish Me Luck!


I am finally finished patching and painting... Now, I need a bath because I have dust all over from sanding... Yes, we've been sanding... Armen saw what I had done to the walls yesterday... and, well, let's just say we've been sanding (A LOT!), re-patching, and re-painting... I have to be honest, though, the walls look great and we're almost ready for tomorrow night's opening reception. Every time there's an opening of a new show, I spend most of the previous night there trying to get everything ready for the next day. I start out with a long "To Do" list and by the end of the night, I have a new "To Do" list for the next day. There is so much preparing and planning that goes into any event. Then, comes the day of, and you still have to prepare to be a good host. With all the time and effort put into an event, it's extremely nice to see it all come together and end on the right note at the end of the night... and, I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow to let you know what a great night it was... Wish me luck!

Tip of the Day: When you try your best planning something, be optimistic about its outcome. Worrying about the things that are out of your control are a waste of energy and brainpower.

Today, I read somewhere: "Sometimes, I worry that, one day, I might forget what I'm worrying about."

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed a great change in you and your shows as each one passes. I don't worry for you anymore because I KNOW it's going to be great. I enjoy them all and I am very proud to see you grow as a woman and an entrepreneur
    Sister

    ReplyDelete