Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 276: The Process...


We just finished celebrating dad's birthday... with an expired cake from Baskin Robbins and the birthday song. Now, we're just sitting around the table with our laptops getting on each other's nerves. I'm annoyed, at this point, so I wouldn't freeze this moment... Right now, I'd like to freeze my brain to stop from thinking, but, not thinking is not going to help me write Day 276...
Day 276... Sometimes, it's hard to believe I've been doing this for 276 straight days. If I had done 276 days of French lessons, I'd be fluent by now... If I had done 276 days of P90X, I'd have abs by now... If I had drawn a portrait a day, I'd have filled a sketchbook by now... instead, it has been 276 days of thinking, writing, being honest, clever, dumb, lonely, emotional, but all the while, enjoying my thoughts and life being in the public. At this point, I can't imagine not doing this after day 365...
Believe it or not, sometimes, I think about how I would end this, on day 365, with a bang... I think about why I started this to begin with, what my point was, why I kept it up, what my point is now, and... what I'm going to do with it? I'm going to have the last year of my life recorded on the internet, in Cyberspace, and what am I going to do with it?
The only answer I can come up with is that I enjoyed the process... that's it... it was just process...

Tip of the Day: Enjoy the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment