Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 297: Happy Thanksgiving!


I think I've experienced a few of life's pleasures in one day, today... I woke up hungry... I was so hungry, I thought of the saying, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a cow!" So, in order to feed myself the right way, I thought a great, big breakfast at IHOP would do it. As I was giving my order to Victor, the waiter, he looked at me stunned... "I'm gonna have some chocolate milk please... (I hadn't tasted chocolate milk in over 10 years), and the sour cream and avocado omelette, with a side of pancakes, oh, and can I have a side of hash browns also, please? Ummm... and some hot chocolate, in case I feel like drinking something hot... and, I think, that's it..." After enjoying a grand breakfast, I walked the dog for about an hour, in a new surrounding. I wandered off onto a new road and discovered a view I hadn't laid my eyes on before. Then, I had a cup of hot tea and a long chat with a good friend of mine... and, last but not least, I had dinner with family, friends, and lots of noise. I had dinner with two separate families, in two, separate households...
Now, I'm home... and, as I think back on my day, it was perfect. It wouldn't have been that perfect if I had planned it... Happy Thanksgiving!

Tip of the Day: Let your day go as it does, sometimes (especially Holidays)... less planning, more enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment