Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 302: My Mona Lisa

Nutel Lisa (http://cafefernando.com/nutel-lisa-world-nutella-day/)

I'm painting another Nutella... Everyone who has seen me paint it has said, "Another one?" I just, simply, reply, "Yup..." Honestly, I don't understand what the big deal is? I'm sure Da Vinci painted a dozen Mona Lisas... or, maybe not...
Well, besides the Nutella #2 painting, I am also working on a small mosaic of a Nutella jar. I'm not addicted to it... I don't eat it that much either... I just feel comfortable with it, now... It's the one thing, I think, I can draw with my eyes closed. I can remember every outline, color, tint, and shade of it. Now, it just comes to me naturally. Doing this has made me realize that it is so nice to know something inside out. There's nothing that can surprise me about a jar of Nutella... it'll never change as a still life, if I don't buy a new jar. It'll just stay the same always, no matter how and when I decide to paint it. Nutella #2 is just the beginning of our relationship... she's MY Mona Lisa...

Tip of the Day: The world is full of things we don't understand... If you get to know one thing really well, you can always go back to it in case you ever feel lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment