Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 298: In Her Time...


She can't remember how old we are... my grandma... she's been around for a couple of days because of Thanksgiving and family gatherings, and, she can't remember how old we are...
We were having breakfast this morning and my sister asked her, "Grandma, how old do you think I am?" My grandma shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know... eighteen?" My sister and I looked at each other and giggled as she said, "See, it's great... every time I want to feel younger, I just have to ask her how old she thinks I am... No, grandma... I'm not eighteen, a bit older..." She answered, "Uhhh, I don't know... I don't remember... twenty-two?" sounding annoyed. "Nope... not twenty-two... try again... I'm twenty-seven..." my sister replied. "No, you can't be twenty-seven... If you were, you'd have kids by now." grandma answered sounding confident as she shook her head. "Yup, I am... how old do you think Iren is?" She looked at me and said, "Seventeen?..." My sister replied, "No, not seventeen, grandma, she's about to be getting married... she's much older than seventeen..." Grandma looked at me again and said, "So what... I got married at sixteen... she should've already been married! In my time, she'd be seventeen..."

Tip of the Day: Each person has their own time and their own experiences in their time... Don't confuse your time with someone else's and try to understand the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment