Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 293: The Sistine Chapel


An hour and a half of my day, today, has been significant... I was apart of an audience at a play tonight. I sat there as I watched, in astonishment, as these actors read their lines perfectly and used their phenomenal skills as actors. We all watch movies and great performances in movies, but, while shooting a movie, they can CUT and try again. Acting in a play has no room for error... The actors have to be on target... there's no other way but the right way... Every word, stutter, movement, breath, gesture... it has to be perfect. I was stunned at their performances and, while watching, I thought about how much concentration it would take. Sometimes, I have a hard time keeping my daily thoughts on track... and, here, these people are remembering exact words and sentences... they're moving about on the stage, with the spotlight in their face, knowing there are people watching, and, they're still concentrated... That amazes me... it amazes me like the Sistine Chapel...

Tip of the Day: Attend a play you think you might enjoy and when it's over, applause because it's usually such a great piece of artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment