Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 290: Pass on Your Success


I'm finally home from the gallery... We have an opening reception tomorrow night for Athena Mantle. She paints different types of cacti with oils on canvas or panel. Putting her show together has been my number one priority for the last couple of weeks. Some of her pieces are very soft and look like Southwestern art, some are very vibrant and bold, and some are pastel-colored and mellow. In my opinion, her work portrays herself, inside and out... she is much like her cacti, very strong, unique, and beautiful on the outside, and soft and kind on the inside. She has also invited one of her long time friends to bring in her cacti plants to accompany her paintings. Their work complements each other perfectly and I have a good feeling that the opening will not disappoint any one of us.
Tonight, someone said to me, "I am impressed with who you are and what you stand for..." I can't explain how it feels to be complimented that way. I can call it "speechless... great... surprised... humbled... honored... " those are just a few words that describe what it felt like, but, it really felt like... I succeeded at that moment. I felt "perfect" for that one person at that one moment...
And, now, I'd like to make someone else feel like they've succeeded... Athena, I don't even know if you read this at all, but I'd like to wish you good luck tomorrow night. I'd like to say that, "I am impressed with who you are and what you stand for..." It is very difficult to put your creations out there for the world to judge and comment on... I hope that I have done all that is in my power to help you move a step up in your art career...
And... as for the person who made me feel successful, I am so happy that I have done all that is in my power to impress you. Thank you for your thoughtful ways.

Tip of the Day: You have the power to make someone feel this way... so, DO IT because they might just pass it on...

3 comments:

  1. Good thing I'm a bit of an internet geek because my Google Alerts told me something new showed up on the internet about me! So here I am reading your kind thoughts. It's been a pleasure working with you and I truly appreciate your help. It's nice to feel so much support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There

    I just found your blog yesterday through Kris Kan's site and I have been obsessed with it since then. Trying to read all the older posts to catch up with all of you.
    I just love the way you write and your artwork, too. My son is 13 and loves to draw, maybe I will bring him by your gallery one of these days. we live in La Crescenta.
    Anyways I am glad I found this blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anonymous,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Please come by the gallery one day. I would love to meet you! I'm glad you're enjoying reading my stories as much as I enjoy writing them. I hope to meet you one day. Contact me through email and we'll set a date! :) Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete