Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 289: A New Friend


Tonight is one of the blinking cursor nights... except, tonight, there's only one thing I want to write about...
The kindest words were written about me today... Kris Kan and I have been going back and forth with sharing each other's work and being very fond of each other the past couple of days, but, I'd like to explain how we came to meet at all...
Well... a few weeks ago, it was the photographer's part of the wedding planning. I thought about it, searched online, and asked around. I had a couple of photographers in mind that I wanted to meet with, but, surprisingly Kris wasn't one of them. I had seen him work at an event I attended, noticed him, loved the way he worked (almost as though he was "invisible" at the event), had seen his work, which speaks for itself, but didn't want to meet with him because I have a retarded tendency to go against the grain and not take part in what's "in" now. So, I had decided that I wasn't going to call him up. (Kris, if you're reading this, I apologize for the honesty... it's what usually gets me into trouble...) A few days passed... and I found myself going back to his blog just to see what he was up to and that's when I saw his Greece video. Well, let's just say "he had me at Greece..." So, as you can imagine, I called him the next day and made an appointment. I showed up to the appointment with my sister and as we got to know each other better, the conversation got better. About an hour and half later, I realized we had parked by a meter and got up to leave. By then, I had not only decided I wanted Kris to photograph my wedding, but as he put it in his blog today, "it was like looking into a mirror." So, as I left the meeting, I was content with my decision and happy that I had made a new friend. Armen hadn't joined me at the meeting so when I got home, he asked, "So, how'd it go? What'd you think?" I just looked at him and answered, "It went well... it was good... actually... you are so lucky I didn't meet him before I met you..." Armen looked up from what he was doing, laughed and said, "It's not too late you know... you think he'd take over the payments for the wedding?"

Tip of the Day: Be open to all kinds of possibilities... You might just make a new friend.
"The very first time I connected with Iren, was over the phone. She was interested to find
out more information about my photography services. As our conversation continued, she
made a comment about the way I take pictures, she called me "invisible." I was honored by
her distinct compliment, and her sincere words. After meeting her in person and getting to
know her a little better. I felt like I was looking into a mirror. It's so interesting, before I can
express our similarities to her, she already
Blogged about it!
So with all that said, I would like to introduce you guys to:
Modest Fly Art Gallery. I am so
happy that I have a friend like her, who I can relate to in a different level. She is ahead of her
own time. I know being the person she is, she will always succeed. ( already has! )
Her Art carries her soul, and her personality carries her Art." - Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment