Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 299: Washing My Feet


A pedicure was definitely necessary, today, after a couple of weeks of wearing boots... I've never enjoyed pedicures. The idea of someone cleaning my feet was never a really nice thought... but, when I reached a certain age where I noticed I couldn't think of it in that way anymore because I wasn't the greatest pedicurist, I started to get pedicures once every couple of weeks. Well, today was that once every couple of weeks time...
I sat there listening to the regular Korean chatter and I realized, yet again, why I never got used to the someone washing my feet... First off, my feet were in his face, almost touching his chin and collar, and he didn't have any gloves on... I mean, I'm clean and my feet are usually clean, but they're still my feet. So, what I usually do is tell them to skip the massage part or give them a larger tip than usual. Doing something to make their job easier makes me feel better that they're washing my feet.

Tip of the Day: Respect people's professions and appreciate them for doing what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment