Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 301: Eiffel Tower on the Tree


Yesterday, I asked for an Eiffel Tower Christmas tree ornament for Christmas...

I was looking through a catalog and I spotted it on one of the pages. I was sitting across from my sister while she was on her laptop and I said, "Ok, this is what I want for Christmas! It's the only thing I want this year... I think... I'm gonna circle it so you don't forget... it's only $14.95... ok? My sister looked up at the catalog, smiled and said, "Ok, you sure that's all you want?" I thought about it for a second and replied, "Ummm... well, let me finish looking at the catalog... if I like anything else, I'll circle them..." She started laughing and said, "Okay..." So, I went through the catalog for 5 more minutes and said, "Yup... just one more thing... I really like these beaded paperclips too... and, maybe this picture frame for my new house...? What do you think?" She looked at the catalog and replied, "Ya, they're cute... ok... nothing else?" I smiled and replied, "Nope, nothing else..."
I can't think of anything else I'd like besides a reminder of the one of my best experiences I've had this year. France was there when I needed it and it taught me a lot. If it takes a Christmas ornament to remember what it gave me, then, I'll make sure it's a pretty, sparkly Eiffel Tower on the tree...

Tip of the Day: If you have to be immodest about asking for the perfect Christmas gift, make sure it's someone who will understand your immodesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment