Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 283: Personally...


Tonight, one of my readers said, "I don't take your posts personally..." I responded, "Yup, that's right... you shouldn't take them personally..."
Honestly, I think 90% of what goes on around us shouldn't be taken personally. We can't walk around thinking that everything said and done is trying to tell us something about ourselves. Life is different for each and every one of us... situations, problems, and decisions are all different... Two people can have the same problem but face a different solution because of their life situation. Taking things personally will make us paranoid and get us worrying about what we should be doing, could be doing, and have been doing. Even when a stranger curses at you in traffic, it shouldn't be taken personally. You are your own person, so the only thing you should take personally is yourself.

Tip of the Day: I write these posts and come up with a "tip of the day" depending on my life situations... Some days, you might disagree with what I have to say, but, please, don't take it personally.

"Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes. But life is changing all the time. " Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment