Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 30: Imagine?


I am tired...and I still have some stuff to do before I go to bed. Today has been a long, confusing day. I probably had 6 cups of coffee by 2pm and needed 6 more by 6pm.
My dad's watching the movie, 2012, on our surround sound, right now, so, I can't really concentrate, but I can concentrate enough to know I'm tired and sleepy.
On the bright side, when I got home, the book, Lessons in Heartbreak, I had ordered from Amazon had arrived, so, now, I have a book to read. I haven't been a bookworm all my life, but, I've always liked to read at certain times in my life. Reading someone else's story takes my mind off of mine, and gets my imagination going again. As we get older, we grow out of our imaginations and all its possibilities. The imagination is a very powerful thing. It was someone's imagination that came up with this stupid, obnoxiusly, loud movie...
So, I could go ahead and give you an imagination quote and say that imagination is more important than knowledge and ...blah, blah, but, I'm going to go ahead and come up with this one with my own imagination, and say that, "Our imagination is what separates us from the next person. No one can know or see what you're imagining, so, that is extreme power that you hold in your head. That is unimaginable power. Without it, life would become...flat with no substance."
Tip of the Day: Try an activity (reading, drawing, fantasizing, anything, really, goes because no one's going to know what you're thinking) that'll get your imagination going. Make sure you don't lose track of what it can do for you in life. It's what can give you ideas when you go blank and what can put color into life, sometimes, when we feel like line drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment