Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 56: Be Proud


So, the show turned out really well last night. The gallery was packed with bodies at 6:30pm and they came non-stop from then on. I had so much fun being there watching other people get recognized for their work. It was really nice...especially the 18 cups of Chardonnay I had.

I was standing there in the middle of a crowded room, trying to fit in with the crowd, when, for a second, I stopped, looked around, and realized that I was responsible for what was going on. There were so many creative minds and interested viewers that had shown up to support these two artists...it was kind of overwhelming. As I stood there thinking about it, I realized that the best part of the whole night was having one of the girl's parents show up. Her family showed up with candy and flowers, and their expressions were priceless as they looked at their daughter's work on the walls of the gallery. They were extremely proud and it showed up on their faces. Even the grandma was an interesting character, and having them there was the best part of the night, for me anyway.

By the end of the night, we had sold a notecard, and one egg, which was better than I had expected. It's very difficult to get actual buyers to show up to these events, so one purchase made my night.

I would like to congratulate both girls and let them know that they were the stars last night, and it was well deserved! The hard work pays off, so keep it up and the rest will come in time...

I kind of lied when I said that was the best part of the night for me. A better part was when I got home, tired, took my heels off and sat on my bed exhausted...my mom came into my room, kissed me, and said, "I'm so proud of you...good job, my girl, my girl!" with the biggest smile on her face. I responded by brushing her off like it wasn't a big deal, but it was the best(est) part of my night!

Tip of the Day: Show or tell someone you're proud of them. It means a lot to feel that. We, ourselves, work hard and don't feel like we get anywhere or do too much, but when someone tells us we're doing a good job, it means the world!

"If you've earned a position, be proud of it. Don't hide it. I want to be recognized. When I hear people say, 'There's Joan Crawford!' I turn around and say, 'Hi! how are you!'" - Joan Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment