Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 46: A Business Woman



So, as I posted yesterday, the opening for Two Artists, One Style has been printed in the Foothills Newspaper... Since, we have a very small community up here (of normal people), I befriended the editor of the paper, kinda, so it's good to have that connection. We're also going to be printed in the Voice of the Village paper, which is a new newspaper around here. It's really exciting to be in print, officially.
I went by the car wash today, and I sat in the area where you wait for your car, and I noticed everybody sitting across from me was reading the paper. The article was printed in the back of the paper, so it was visible to me, but who knows how many readers actually read the back of the paper? Honestly, it doesn't matter how many people read the thing. I'm just excited to be printed on something and referred to as a business. It makes me kinda official, as a business woman. (Really, Iren???)

Tip of the Day: There's nothing you can't achieve if you try hard enough. There's always a way to find that person or connection that can help you do what you need to do. Nobody is out of reach, no matter how far you think they are.

"I used to feel so alone in the city. All those gazillions of people and then me, on the outside. Because how do you meet a new person? I was very stumped by this for many years. And then I realized, you just say, "Hi." They may ignore you. Or you may marry them. And that possibility is worth that one word." ~ Augusten Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment