Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 31


Hello world! Well, today's been good. I've had a long, but good day. I've had so many people around me today. I've met a couple new people, so, overall, I've had a day full of life. Oh, and I've had 4 cups of coffee to be able to keep up with everybody.
I spent my day with the usual group of people I see often, and I enjoy their company very much, not to mention the little man in my life that I got to see today. He's 9 years old and makes me so happy. In other words, I adore him and his childhood.
So, after spending the day with the usual company, I went to the gallery and met a couple of new people, and, I must say, they were very pleasant. I received flowers and a bottle of wine from someone that was generous enough to bring them over. She's knows who she is, a daily reader, and I told her I was going to write about her tonight. Thank you for the orchids, they were beautiful, and the wine, well, it's half gone. I'm making it a big deal because I don't think people do enough for each other. I think it's nice to show that you give a shit by buying something for someone to make them smile. It could be anything from a piece of gum, to an orchid, to a slice of cheesecake. I'm mentioning cheesecake because I've been craving cheesecake the whole day, and, no cheesecake, yet, but I think tomorrow will be a brighter day for cheesecake. Sometimes, it takes patience to taste cheesecake the way you want it to taste. So, I would like to say that the orchid and wine were the highlight of my day.

Tip of the Day: Do something for someone, anyone, just to make them smile. It could be someone that wouldn't even expect it from you, just do it to show them you care.

I received two comments on my post yesterday on Facebook. I get really excited when I have comments to read, because it's so nice to know what you guys are thinking about, while reading my personal thoughts. I know I started this out saying that it didn't matter if anyone was reading at all, and I was going to post anyway. But... now, it kind of feels like when you've been on the phone with someone, for a while, explaining yourself, and they're quiet. Then you pause and say, "are you there?" A lot of you have messaged me saying that you read the blog and that you enjoy it, but, if, any day, you feel like you need to say something, please do. You can. The commenting on the blog can be anonymous, so go ahead and tell me what you really think. There are a couple of anonymous comments on here already, but, I'm sure they've all been my lovely sister, and, she doesn't count. So... speak out, because if you tell me what you think and what you want, I will be so happy to get to know you guys a bit better. So, "Are you guys there?"

"Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work. "
William Arthur Ward

1 comment:

  1. Iren your a sweetheart and your blog today definitely made me "smile"...Thank you! Im glad you enjoyed the wine, and I enjoyed finally visiting your beautiful gallery...:)

    ReplyDelete