Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 35: Happy Women's Day!


First off, Happy Birthday Momma! My mom is turning "29" today... This year, I haven't bought her a birthday card, so, I'm going to make this her birthday card. She is a daily reader, and for those who haven't met my mom, her name is Shakeh and she is half my size. She is very petite, extremely kind, and always young at heart.

Dear Momma,
Happy Birthday to you! I just want you to know that I am who I am because of you. I see myself becoming more like you everyday, and, you know what, I don't mind it. On this day, I wish you all the good things in life, but, most of all, I wish some things for myself. I wish I grow up to be who you are in life, love, and everything else Earth consists of. I wish I can become a third of the mother you have been to me and I wish that I can look like you at 29.
Thanks Momma, love you always and forever,
Iren

Today is also International Women's Day, so Happy Women's Day to all you women!
I did some research and found out that the day is an official holiday in Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Burkina, Faso, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cuba, Georgia, Guinea-Bissau, Eritrea, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Nepal, Russia, Serbia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Zambia. On this day it is customary for men to give the women in their lives - mothers, wives, girlfriends, daughters, colleagues, etc - flowers and small gifts.

Tip of the Day: Show a woman in your life you appreciate them in some way. Wish a random woman a Happy Woman's Day and if you're a woman, Enjoy your day and know that you are appreciated today!

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/you_don-t_love_a_woman_because_she_is_beautiful/169855.html


No comments:

Post a Comment