Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 52: Pieces of a Puzzle


I saw 6 more cars get pulled over today on the 2 freeway...
It seems that every time I write about relationships or anything that has to do with them, I get feedback from you guys. It's really interesting how people respond to talk about relationships. The five days around Valentine's Day is when I got the most out of you guys.
Honestly, lately, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed with the relationships in my life. The least pressure I've felt is, actually, from my relationship with my fiance. (Very odd how that happens) But, I'm not writing about relationships today to get your feedback because at this point, I'm not going to worry about that. Right now, I just need to express the thoughts that have been going through my head today, which are the different ways I look at each relationship in my life.
Each person in my life has a different perspective of me... I'm either someone's daughter, sister, fiance, cousin, girlfriend, acquaintance, good friend, ex-girlfriend, old friend, co-worker, etc. (hopefully, no one thinks of me as an enemy, so no mention of negative perspectives) Each one of these people has a different view of me and who I am. Each person identifies me and sums me up with their personal life experiences at hand. We, as people, can't identify others and our relationships without considering our own life experiences and teachings in mind.
Sometimes, we care for and admire someone and we want it back in return, but, it's probably not going to happen because that person is someone other than you. They had a different life, different experiences, and a whole set of different ideas. So, they probably can't see you in the way you would like to be seen, ever. Sometimes, you have to give it up and accept the fact that we're all different, no matter how much we have in common.
I've been thinking about marriage (when it works out), it's because those two people have had similar lives and experiences to begin with, or have grown up together is some sort of way, so understanding each other is easier, which helps in the process of a growing and lasting relationship. The same reason goes for understanding siblings and parents. We tend to forgive and let our family off the hook easier than a friend or acquaintance in sour situations.
People that grow up on the streets, turn out to be rough and angry. Spoiled kids grow up and never understand the value of work. We are who we are because of the life we have lived up until today and our future will determine the people we will become...

Tip of the Day: Life can get confusing at times with all the relationships we have to balance in our daily lives. When you're confused about a certain relationship/person, and you're thinking "What the .... !" try to understand where they come from, how they've lived, what they've been through, and who they are before you put them into perspective. Once you think about it a bit, what they did or said doesn't seem so out of hand and outrageous anymore. Anything anybody does or says is because they want to be loved, anyway.

"People may be said to resemble not the bricks of which a house is built, but the pieces of a picture puzzle, each differing in shape, but matching the rest, and thus bringing out the picture." Felix Adler


No comments:

Post a Comment