Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 58: Gina Lolobrigida

Gina Lolobrigida is the blue and gold macaw we have at home. (I feel like I'm in third grade writing about my pet) She's a character...Sadly, last night at 3am, she was attacked by some coyotes or raccoons in the backyard. We normally have her in her cage, but, she unlocks the lock with her beak and gets out whenever she pleases...
She's a good parrot, but no one in the family seems to like her because she talks back and makes loud, obnoxious noises. But... last night, everyone in the family was wide awake at 3am, worried about her, as she made the most noise she's ever made. It was a scary experience because we didn't know what was wrong with her, (her wing...leg...eye...) we couldn't figure it out. I just held her and tried to calm her down a bit. As she bit my hand and arm from the terror she was going through, I grabbed her tighter as we washed her wounds with alcohol and applied Neosporin. I stayed with her last night, and, now, she's doing better, besides the fact that she jumps everytime there's a certain noise or movement. We should probably take her to a witchdoctor (Horrom), but I think she'll be fine.
So, that being last night... Today, all the "Sunday" drivers were out! And they weren't just women. It was a terrible driving day for me. To make it worse, on a 50mph street, a dog ran in the middle of the street and caused the biggest accident in my rear view mirror. I missed it by a few feet, pulling my car to the side of opposing traffic, but I watched as three cars collided in my rear view mirror, as I squirmed and tried to pay attention to my driving. To say the least, animals have caused drama in my life recently.
So... please...

Tip of the Day: Pets are one of the pleasures in life that are taken for granted. They are apart of nature that responds to us as humans and make us feel humane. If you have a pet, pay attention to it as though it were your kid running around. Just because they can't talk and won't cry all the time doesn't mean they're not just as important. If you don't have a pet, having one is a lot of responsibility, so don't get one if you're not up for what it takes.

"There is no pyschiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." - Ben Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment