Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 36: K.I.T

by Ione Citrin

Today is a lovely day! It's been windy, but nice, finally. I had lunch with an old friend from school and it was really nice to catch up. I had lost her number with my old phone, so it was a real surprise hearing from her today. She called me because she had referred me to a client of her's for a children's book, so I made sure I saved her number somewhere other than my phone. I was really happy to talk to her, not only because of the referral, but, because I hadn't seen or talked to her in almost two years.
With all the technology and gadgets these days, no one uses actual paper that much anymore, but, it's really smart to have a hard copy of anything. Keep your old address book and any contact information you have on paper, because you never know, something might just come up. Try to keep in touch with people and make sure you're able to connect with them if needed.
That's the positive genius of Facebook these days, because almost everybody has a Facebook account, but, almost everybody!

Tip of the Day: Call someone you haven't spoken to in a long time, tell them you were just thinking about them and wanted to know how they were doing.

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment