Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 51: Don't Be A Flake Snowflake!


In the last couple of days, I have probably seen about 8 cars get pulled over by a cop, so, cops are on a roll... be careful.
On a more exciting topic, our show is in 4 days, so the gallery looks like crap right now due to the transformation we have to go through to display the work. I'm very excited for the two girls who are going to be showing their work. It feels very nerve-wrecking and good to show your work to the public. I'm just glad it's not my personal show because that gets kind of scary. This time, I can just sit back and take care of the technical stuff while the girls suffer through the anxiety...
As I've been trying to run a gallery, I've realized that dealing with people is very difficult at times. (No offense girls... I mean overall) It's hard to keep the communication going and do things in the way that'll keep everybody happy. I've had moments of confusion and anxiety, but it all turns out okay until somebody doesn't do what they said they'd do.
When I was a few years younger, flaking on people was easier and I could do it without feeling bad, but, now, it's really one of my pet peeves. There may be a couple of readers that might think I'm pointing a finger, but I promise this post is not meant for anybody. It's just something I figured out lately. Flaking out on someone might be okay for you because it gets you off the hook, but it sucks to be flaked out on. It's not only flaking out on someone, but if there is an event you wanted to attend, attend it. Don't flake out on anything because you might not ever get the chance to do it again.

Tip of the Day: Be aware of the promises that come out of your mouth. If you plan something, go through with it. Most of the time, when we do show up to that certain thing we were thinking of flaking out on, we're glad we showed up. So, show up and enjoy all the experiences life offers you.

“We hurry through the so-called boring things in order to attend to that which we deem more important, interesting. Perhaps the final freedom will be a recognition that everything in every moment is 'essential' and that nothing at all is 'important.'”

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/we_hurry_through_the_so-called_boring_things_in/8939.html

(This post reminded me of a Head & Shoulders commercial)

No comments:

Post a Comment