Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 40: The Last Hello


Today is Day 40! So, today is our Karasunk (which means 40th day in Armenian). I researched the significance of 40 days and here is what I got:

It is remarkabe that the time track of a cycle fo 40 days can be used to almost perfectly measure and meter out the rate of each passing solar year.

There are a lot of things that are significant about 40 days having to do with religion, astronomy, etc. So, today is supposed to be special...

It's a Saturday night, and I just helped my 15 year old cousin get ready for a party (kick-back is what they call it these days. In our days, it was a get-together...) I dressed her and put her makeup on, but made sure she was covered up and wearing a jacket. She looked sophisticatively good. Hot enough to be stared at, but not hot enough to be poked at. Getting her ready reminded me of my teenage years and how exciting it was to get ready for a party, show up with butterflies in your stomach, and slow dance with that guy you thought would never ask. Then...I ordered some pizza, which got here just 5 minutes ago, and I sit here trying to make it a significant 40th day post.
I did do something significant today... I engaged myself into another religion, language, and feeling. I was listening to this slow Persian love song earlier. The music and melody of the song is beautiful, but I don't understand a word of it. I sat down with a family friend and had her translate the entire song for me as I wrote the words down. The song can be found on youtube at:
I would also love to share the lyrics with you guys because they are so beautifully written. The sentences might sound a bit awkward because they have been translated just as they are, but, you can still understand the meaning. Here it is:
The Last Hello
Hello, my love's sad and lonely sunset,
Hello, my loving day's sunrise that's going for good,
Hello, moments of separating sorrow,
Goodbye to my light night's lyrics,
Goodbye to my light night's lyrics,
Goodbye my love story,
Goodbye to love's bright blue sky,
Goodbye to the smell of love in the air at nights,
Goodbye to my forever mate,
Goodbye to the fire I loved that burned in my heart,
You are without me, but you will never be lonely,
I will leave you in the hands of tired and broken hearts,
I leave you with the shadow of the dreamy light of the moon,
I leave you with the bed of the ocean,
If I stay awake at nights,
I leave you with the next bright dreamy day to come,
I leave you to the night, so the night doesn't burn out,
I gift you to my heart, so it doesn't die,
If the fountain of words doesn't dry out of sadness,
If life doesn't take my voice away,
Goodbye to the good and existence of my heart,
Goodbye to my life's support, shade, and safety,
If you left green and I stay yellow,
It's my time to say Goodbye to Spring forever,
and I stay Fall forever.
There they are... the words any girl would want to receive in a letter.
Tip of the Day: Expose yourself to a different language at times. Try to respect and understand where others come from and how they express themselves in the language of music because music is a universal language.

No comments:

Post a Comment