Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 44: Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I had no idea today was St. Patrick's Day, until 2 hours ago, when a guy walked by the gallery wearing a green and white (Cat in the Hat) striped hat, and swaying from side to side, with a weird smirk on his face. I looked up at him, then, kind of brushed it off (because there are so many weirdos that walk past here), and went back to work. Then, I looked up at my calendar and realized... oh...that's why!!!
I went online to research St. Patrick's Day just to learn about more about it. I found it funny that it started out as a religious Catholic holiday, and, now, is a celebration of Irish Culture, and they celebrate it by drinking throughout the day. So, as I read more about it trying to expose myself to Irish culture, I found something more interesting on my facebook page...
Earlier today, I had posted up a link to my new illustration website, and one of my friends from high school had posted it up on his page with the caption at the top reading "A Great Artist/Friend." I just stared at it thinking, no, it can't be right, I mean, that's so nice of him... I didn't comment on it for a few minutes because I had no idea what to say. Then, I commented telling him that it made me smile and thanking him, but, really, I was thinking about how I would write about him in my post today.
He reads my blog, so, I would like to say that, "Roman, that was so awesome of you to do that... it really did make me smile. I hope that you feel what I felt, at that moment, one day. It's nice to get that admiration and support from any friend, and, today, has been special for me because of your kindness and attention. I'm not going to get too mushy doing this, but I hope you know what you did! You were modest today and you turned your spotlight on someone else. thanks!" :)
Sometimes, in my daily life, I realize that I pay attention to things that don't matter sometimes, and don't give any attention to things that do matter. As days pass, I realize and am aware of the things that need attention in my life. Getting attention like this, makes me want to be aware of my own actions, so thank you for keeping me on track.
Today, on St. Patty's Day, Roman, go out and celebrate like an Irish and drink up buddy. You've been good for it!

Tip of the Day: Make someone else's success and progression your project and be modest about it. That person will always remember your help and be glad of your assistance and proactive friendship. In return, you'll feel so good about what you did for them.

Selfless service alone gives the needed strength and courage to awaken the sleeping humanity in one's heart.”

- Sri Sathya Sai Baba

No comments:

Post a Comment