Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 59: Daddio

My dad is the one person in my life I always try to impress, and, usually, the ones we try to impress don't even see it at times. I am most like him considering my personality and I look like him from my nose up, and neck down. (except a female version)
Yesterday, I went to a friend/co-worker's house to pay my respects because her father just passed away in Russia. It's always an awkward situation when you show up to pay your respects for someone's death, but she has a 4 year-old daughter, named Inga, who made the experience a lot better than usual. As I sat there listening to her talk about her dad and his personality, I thought about how important a dad is in the house. A dad's presence is, at times, overlooked because most of them are quiet and to themselves, but when that presence is gone, the house feels unstable. They, somehow, hold the house up and give it stability.
My dad has been out of town for work, for two weeks now, and he's, finally, coming back today. I can't wait to see him. We've been talking to him through Skype for the past two weeks and I hate doing that. It was so nerve wrecking to hear his voice in the house from the other room, and to see his face through the screen and not be able to touch him. I think my mom felt the same way because every time we'd say "bye" and he'd turn his Skype off, she'd look at us and say, "what happened, it turned off?" with a clueless look on her face. So, she'd get up and go to her room quietly for a while to get over the whole experience.

All my respects to who ever has lost a dad in their life...

The picture above is my dad making a toast at my engagement party. It was a special moment. He said (in Armenian) "You know you have found the right person, when you can feel like you're always together, while worlds apart."

Tip of the Day: Think about the importance of you dad in your life and try to show him in some way how important he is to you.

“Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad”

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/any_man_can_be_a_father-but_it_takes_a_special/195670.html


1 comment: